exalting God, encouraging people

History

Beginning

Grace Community Church began with a small group of people from the North Riverdale Grace Brethren Church. This group had a vision for building a church in the growing suburb of Huber Heights. In 1959, they started a Bible class in homes and schools. After one and a half years, they purchased their first church building—a home that they remodeled on Chambersburg Road.

Building

On April 9, 1961, twenty-nine people attended the first morning worship service. In 1972, the church building was constructed and, in 1973, it was dedicated. In the first year of using the new building, average Sunday morning attendance grew from a 130 to 170.

Expanding

In October, 2001, the congregation broke ground for the Welcome Center and the Commons. The Welcome Center provides a place for greeting and receiving information. The Commons is used for Vacation Bible School, basketball open gyms, Heart of the Holidays, weddings, youth events and other events.

Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches